View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #106
Flamette
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-prove-flames/

Some interesting quotes:

"Even the season before last, I don’t think I was as bad as most people thought. One of our top defencemen went down [Andrej Sekera], which is never easy, but I still had 31 wins. Last season was mentally and physically exhausting. It kind of turned quickly and for some reason, I couldn’t stop it.

"To be honest I have a lot to prove. Last year was my worst as a pro and it’s something I don’t take lightly. It will be a redemption year for myself."
————
"My understanding is we’re going to be a tandem," said Talbot, owner of a career .915 save percentage, confirming the general assignment he’ll be expected to shoulder.
————
After several years under the tutelage of Oilers goalie coach Dustin Schwartz, Talbot is returning to Ontario to spend the next six weeks with Pat DiPronio.

"He’s my old goalie coach from when I was 10 years old in Stoney Creek," said Talbot, who last worked with DiPronio before his breakout 2016-17 season.

"He always seems to know how to get the best out of me.

“I think it’s just resetting — more of a mental thing, going back to my roots and what got me here. I’ll be coming into camp more prepared than I ever have."
Flamette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Flamette For This Useful Post: