View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #753
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, after a very long time (where it got to the point where I felt almost unemployable) I finally had a up week.

Had a phone interview that has lead to a zoom interview next week.

Had a zoom interview (scheduled the day the interviewer looked at my LinkedIn page). She was looking to hire really fast, said I would hear back either way in 2 days. It's been 4. Not expecting much from what was a 20 minute interview for a short term contract.

And, this may seem like a downer, but I received a direct response from an HR person who answered a couple of my questions as to why I was not considered for a position. The reason was sound - I'm tops in one area, but I have no experience in a current context.

I had an interview with a company where I had a contact who knew the CEO (best friend's sister's mother-in-law). That connection got me the interview, which I was told put me in the top 8, but, alas, did not make the top 3. I received a nice personal response from the HR director noting my solid CV and experience (just not for this particular job) and was assured they would keep me top of mind if a better fit position comes up.

3 interviews; 2 personal email contacts; now if I could only land the 1 job.

I was getting quite depressed over those winter months (hence no posting here) and really worried what I was going to do.

Perseverance - that is the key.
Bleeding Red is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleeding Red For This Useful Post: