View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #747
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Are you dealing with the rock quarry from the Flinstones.

I've been lucky with my clients, with one I get paid within 5 days, the other within 15.

Sorry its tough for you, the good news is you clearly have a decent value proposition if you got into the top 2 or 3, did they give you a reason why they went with the other?

I know it sound cliched, but keep following the process, its tough sending out resumes and pinging your networks day after day, and these are unusual and stupid times, but you'll get a break.
The organization I'm part-timing with has to rely upon client payments. Having recently looked at their payment terms they're generally quite dismal and are contingent upon milestone events rather than time based (ie monthly invoicing). As a result those working for them suffer too. Rock quarry indeed!! I'll be trying to get them to understand this isn't good business practice.

I'm trying to get a follow-up but many places just want to cut you loose after the PFO note. I like to follow up to learn and also to expand my network. It's what I call the "long game approach".
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: