View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #742
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh sorry, definitely didn't take it as a subtle brag, it was more of a "whoa, what am I doing wrong here!?" moment for me, lol.

Yeah, that is way less than ideal for part time. The whole situation sounds kind of crappy to be honest. But like you said, do what you have to do in the interim until the right fit comes along. And it will.
Without knowing you, your situation, your employer or business I can’t really say much. Generally education helps BUT to be “successful” means different things to different people. It does not always mean having some university degree. It helps but so does having other skills like being a technologist, a solid trades person, or relevant computer related skills to name a few.

To make more money typically entails learning to make better business decisions, adding value in several ways, providing leadership and guidance to others, and most of all have both decent people and communication skills. Networking with the RIGHT people (ie intended target group) is huge too. Lastly it includes a combination of strategic job or location moves and maybe some risks too.

I’m sure others can offer additional guidance.

As for your last point... I appreciate the empathy. I see this crappy situation as interim until I have more time there and will then limit my availability. I gotta get this bully to settle down so either he will or I’ll be out. Hopefully if it goes well then I’ll restrict my availability to a set time period only, and then hopefully start winning more work so I can do more too. If I can raise the organization up and kick @r$e then my value increases quickly along with compensation. That said I’m still keeping my eyes open for networking and other opportunities.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: