View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:12 PM   #1459
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Okay, now imagine every second movie coming out is a Transformers spin off. I hate super hero movies, but they're hard to avoid because I've typically seen everything else before I have to suck it up and go to one of these snooze-fests with bad jokes.

Movie theaters are great. I love the seats, I love the popcorn, I love the big screen, I love the sound. It's awesome just zoning out with a giant Diet Cherry Vanilla Mr. Pibb for two hours. What isn't awesome is watching crappy comic movies over and over. They're all the physical ####s.

It's totally reasonable for people who don't buy into the super hero universe/world/costume crap to be annoyed at how many of these movies come out. I'd way rather studios put effort into other genres, but I guess as long as we all keep going, they're going to keep making them. Hopefully a few more BOP-type bombs straighten them out.
There are, literally, hundreds of films that come out each year that I do not spend money to see. Conservatively, 25% of those probably include marketing similar to those of the standard Marvel/DC installment. These aren't hard and fast numbers, of course, but I still somehow manage not to spend money on and experience something I don't want to spend money on or experience.

I don't know if it's reasonable for people to be annoyed at the amount of super hero movies, but it does seem unnecessary. Blockbuster cash cows haven't ruined cinema.

The concern is overblown.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote