View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #1458
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I'm confused. If you don't like certain genres/franchises then don't pay to watch them. Seems a controllable solution.

I think the Transformer movies are the lowest of the low in blockbuster entertainment. They don't get a dollar from me for that reason, but I don't care if they keep making them for people that enjoy them. It hasn't hindered the production of quality films and entertainment that I enjoy.
Okay, now imagine every second movie coming out is a Transformers spin off. I hate super hero movies, but they're hard to avoid because I've typically seen everything else before I have to suck it up and go to one of these snooze-fests with bad jokes.

Movie theaters are great. I love the seats, I love the popcorn, I love the big screen, I love the sound. It's awesome just zoning out with a giant Diet Cherry Vanilla Mr. Pibb for two hours. What isn't awesome is watching crappy comic movies over and over. They're all the physical ####s.

It's totally reasonable for people who don't buy into the super hero universe/world/costume crap to be annoyed at how many of these movies come out. I'd way rather studios put effort into other genres, but I guess as long as we all keep going, they're going to keep making them. Hopefully a few more BOP-type bombs straighten them out.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: