View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 PM   #1452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've always thought that bad movies are an artform of their own, I'm not talking about the movies that are meant to be bad or designed to be a cult style movie. But the movies where the director and the actors thought they were onto something, and completely missed the mark. I've also never counted sequels as bad movies with the exception of the highlander sequels.

But movies where the director and actors think they've done brilliant work, leave the premiere in shame and fan blaming, then watch the film years later and realize that they really made a horrible crapburger.

My friend and I came up with the list, it is our special collection of utterly dreadful movies, its almost impossible to get on the list because to get on the list, a movie cannot have one single redeemable scene, on snippet of dialogue or a action sequence or a moment of good acting that almost but not quite redeems the movie. Therefore to get on the list is equivalent to receiving a life time achievement award.

To summerize to make the list

Cannot be a sequel

Cannot be a film that's intentionally bad, or a low budget rip off of another film
Can have no redeemable scenes.
We were going to induct Ed Wood into the List Hall of fame but none of his movies ever made the list, and his movies were so bad that they were brilliant.

Stunningly the list includes "Meet Joe Black", "The Devil wears Prada" Richie Rich, Tomcats. and the Broderick Godzilla.

There were several movies that came close and fell just short because they had one redeemable scene.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 02-19-2020 at 11:50 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote