View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #880
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Funny enough, I haven't seen that much electricity in an American non-WWE wrestling show since Hogan/Goldberg in Atlanta for that huge Nitro show. That had some Attitude-era vibes too with JR calling a Stone Cold-esque run-in by Moxley.

MJF is also the next huge heel star. Dude is incredible in the ring and on the mic.

AEW still has lots of proving to do, but it is easily the best roster to challenge WWE, and gives the fans that fresh new product (non family-rated) they're looking for.

Historically that Hogan/Goldberg show was viewed as the real start to the end of WCW and it was caused by Eric's ego.

They basically gave away a huge PPV payoff for free because Eric viewed ratings and beating WWE as more important then revenue at that point.

If any of you haven't read the book the death of WCW, its not only an amazing read, but also WWE is making a lot of the same mistakes, with bad storylines, disgruntled performers and a out of touch management group that seems to be on auto pilot.

I don't know if AEW is a legitimate threat to WWE or if they will view it as such, though that PPV is a strong opening salvo. AEW has to continue to build on that. But WWE is still incredibly powerful.

I was surprised that Mark Henry showed up at AEW even as a member of the media, he's still a WWE employee and a producer.

Also just an add on, I woke up this morning, I'm off for memorial day, and I turned on the network and they were showing the NXT combine and were treating it almost like a NFL combine show.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: