Thread: Tupac Is Alive
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
I'm a huge fan of 90's hip hop and loved it. Gave me goose bumps seeing it.
Probably safe to say there were quite a few people under the influence of various drugs and I cannot imagine how many of them totally tripped out. THAT would have been awesome just to video tape the reactions.
And really, the hologram was still more authentic than any rap out there today.
Ya, I was lucky to be in jr high and high school in the 90's. Gave me goose bumps too, and I was thinking the same thing about the drugs. More nostalgia factor than anything for me though.

It really goes to show that Hip Hop hit its Apex 15-20 years ago. So much creativity: West Coast P-Funk (Death Row), East Coast grime (with jazz nods to Tribe and Gang Starr), Chicago soul (Common), deep south bounce (Think Goodie Mob and Outkast). Ever since then it has just been a slow downward spiral. Sure there are great acts, but they are so far and few now. Maybe it is a product of me getting older, just like those middle aged guys love 70's rock. Totally get it.

I think back to the end of Old School hip hop in 1989, and the emergence of New School. There was a few years from 1990-1993 where hip hop was sorting itself out, and when it did, wow. I keep hoping year after year that will happen again, but I think it is safe to say Hip Hop has peaked for good.

Unless a another young Kung Fu obsessed octet from Staten Island comes out of nowhere again to re-kick start it...
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote