View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:11 PM   #1907
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know if the cases being dropped necessarily proclaim his innocence as much as they indicate the insanity and incompetence of the claimant and their lawyers.

This seems like one of those: "Not guilty...but maaaaybe not innocent either, but we cant prove it."

I generally dont want to get into guilty/not guilty based on crap like this, especially considering Spacey's behaviour after being accused which I would say, to put it generously, was batcrap insane.

That being said though, its instances where someone is accused of a very serious crime and by all indications never settled, admitted guilt or was proven to have committed any offence at all, there should be consideration of consequences for the accuser for having made false claims that generated considerable loss and damage to the accused.

I dont know if that would apply in this particular case, but it seems like the pendulum in scenarios like this simply swings too wildly for rational consideration of very, very serious charges.

In this particular case we've gone from:

"Hes a pedophile! String him up by his thumbs!"

To:

"Apparently he didnt do anything....so....hey Kev...how goes things?"

Its too wild. This isnt how a Justice system should work.

I dont know the ideal answer to this, but the case that sticks in my mind is the one against Aziz Ansari that basically forced him to keep his head down for a year and probably needlessly caused him a great deal of stress and grief as well as emotional and fiscal damage over little to nothing.

I know people are going to lambaste that opinion as 'Victim Blaming' but there need to be checks and balances on very serious claims and charges that even when are dropped or disproved are never forgotten.

A rape victim will never forget their ordeal nor truly heal, nor will someone falsely accused of such a heinous crime and been publicly dragged through the streets.
Isn’t the first Spacy allegation still out there and the guy had told other people prior to the whole me too movement occurring. Why does one false claim against a person lend any sort of credibility that the other earlier claims are false unless you could prove a connection between the accusers. It’s a real leap to say the reaction now should be sorry Kevin.

As for Aziz no one disputed anything that was stated. I think all Aziz said is that he had read the situation differently and was sorry. In that case since their was a set of agreed upon facts I don’t think you can say people jumped all over a false accusation. I’d agree that the punishment didn’t really fit with the infraction. But it doesn’t appear to be a case of fraud.

So spacey still likely a child abuser.

Aziz agreed more or less with what happened.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote