View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #77
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditty View Post
I agree that the Bayern basically sewing up the title with 6 matches left isn't great. However, last season's title came down to the last match day, if that's any consolation and at least Leipzig and Dortmund both seem to have the resources to at least push Bayern. Having said that, we'll see if Leipzig hang onto Upamecano, Sabitzer, Werner, etc.

I think what's disappointing about this season is that Dortmund appeared finally poised with both the talent and squad depth to finally top Bayern. After Bayern's shaky start to the season under Kovac and their injury issues to their backline, it was definitely Dortmund's to win but they kept pissing away points to lower teams and again got zero points head-to-head with Bayern. I'm afraid Bayern will be deeper and more stable next season. I think they'll likely add a RB, a playmaker to replace Coutinho and maybe Leroy Sane. Plus, a healthy Hernandez and Süle will be like new additions. That will give them the option to push Alaba back to LB, Davies further up the pitch if they wish, etc. I think Bayern could be back to really challenging for the European Cup again.
This is the thing, Bayern were old and re-tooling their entire squad and really struggling to do all of that under Kovac, it really was there for the taking.

But regardless, Bayern always have a plan. They're getting younger and deeper and look to be resurgent in Europe again but the opportunity was there and nobody took it.

And by all appearances Werner is gone. He'll be wearing Red next season, just a question of where.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote