View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I actually think that the Flames have a decent mix of well-rounded defencemen. What they are really missing in their prospect pool is a #1 D that functions really well as a PP QB.

Ramage is pretty well rounded. Kulak is pretty well rounded. Culkin is pretty well rounded. Wotherspoon is pretty well rounded.

Sieloff, Breen and Kanzig will probably end up being more of the steady stay at home types in the NHL - though I won't write off any possible offensive abilities from either one.

Add to that Giordano who isn't too old, and a young Brodie that looks more and more like he is going to be a decent #2 guy, and I don't think the D is in too bad a shape at all for the future. I just see a lack of a blue chip #1 guy. I am not saying all the D listed above will make it - and I didn't include all of them on the list either, but in retrospect, I feel that the D prospects as a group are much deeper than I thought they were last year.
Wideman covers the powerplay for at least the next 4 years on the big club so I guess it wouldn't be surprising if the Flames targeted maybe a defenseman (Ekblad?) in the first round this year depending on where they end up picking and what the best prospects.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote