View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #205
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
See, that is incorrect. But lots of inaccurate reports, so I understand it.

MCAS occurs with the flaps up while in manual flight. The ‘complicated series of steps’ to disable the system is turning off 2 switches sitting side by side, which prevents the trim from operating. So if the autopilot is on, the MCAS doesn’t (or at least shouldn’t) be operative, it is already off when the MCAS is behaving incorrectly. Turning off the stab trim cutout switches will disengage the autopilot if it wasn’t already off.

And I’m not disagreeing with the decision to ground the airplane, just there is a bunch of inaccurate noise around it now. And mentioning a bunch of other minor malfunctions that have nothing to do with this issue is inaccurate.
Other issues are not inaccurate, they may be irrelevant though.

I will wait for the investigation to confirm what really happened. Pretty obvious that something is wrong if Boeing is releasing software fixes. Why else would they do that?

I thank the media for raising these issues. Based on what we know so far don't trust that plane. If we left it to Boeing to decide this would have been swept under the rug.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote