View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #48
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Which 300zx? The Z31 or Z32? Was it a 2 seater or a 2+2? What model was it?

A lot of people thought the Z31 was too much of a cruiser, because they put some softer more luxury-oriented trim it in and made it bigger compared to the S30, but there are some gems there too. The 50th AE is a great classic now. The Shiro Z concept is effectively what I'm suggesting that Nissan should have tried with the 370z once it started showing its age.

As for the Z32, I'm less of a fan of that than many enthusiasts are, but the general consensus among car people is that it's among the most beautiful cars of the 1990s and has a lot of simple modification options. It's a bit more refined and classy than some of the other imports of the era.

Regardless, the transmission was probably 90% of the problem. Just about anything with a 1980s / 1990s automatic isn't going to be much fun to drive.
I'm not sure which model he had or even the year, which is weird because I normally remember stuff like that when it comes to vehicles. It was yellow (maybe that helps you if that colour was only available in certain years), it didn't have four-wheel steering (I think some did?), had the T-tops (maybe that helps place it?), and did not corner well at all so I'd only give it an A+ for handling. It did have back seats. Yes, being an automatic was a huge let down. He bought it new from Nissan in the auto mall, but it was a couple years old, although it had never been sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
They are wildly different. If your only qualifications is a sports car in X price range, you aren't really into cars. Anyone who is would not be cross-shopping cars that have entirely disparate driving experiences, unless they're also torn about the sort of driving experience that they want. I should know, I've been in that boat myself.
They're different in that they aren't sister cars or anything, but FFS, RWD sports cars in the same price range does place them fairly close together in the scheme of things in the auto world. Determining your price range and the type of vehicle you want (sports car, SUV, van, truck, sedan, wagon, etc.) is pretty much the first step in starting a vehicle search whether you're into cars or not. Figuring out which vehicle you like better between a Mustang and a 370Z wouldn't be that hard after that, but I don't think it's that crazy to consider both no matter how brief.

And having said all that doesn't change the fact that the interior and many other aspects of the 370Z are totally outdated, as you said yourself. And this thread isn't only about the Z, anyway. I believe the entire Nissan and Infiniti line up has fallen behind its competitors.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote