View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #35
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Getting people to pick up their own mess should be the ultimate goal. And like any group of people, they need incentive to do it.

Money, gift cards, social assistance, clothing/food/shelter - whatever it is, give them something. Otherwise the same stuff is just going to keep happening.
These people are in no state to manage their own mess unfortunately, with or without incentive. Even when getting cans they are essentially dumping the entire contents of garbage bins out onto the streets, in front of business, in parks. They would have no better success dealing with their own needles. Frankly they even use the streets as their personal toilets.

Huge problem with no easy solution, but I don't think safe injection sites really have it figured out like some people think they do. Especially if they are just handing needles out for addicts to take away with them, because those end up littered everywhere for the normal people to have to step over when they are walking to work, walking dogs, going for coffee, etc.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote