View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #42
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

So... Halifax and area was fun. Food was surprisingly good but damn that HST hits hard.

We rented a subcompact that was revving into the 5K RPM range on cruise control on slight inclines and pulling an average of 9.3L/100KM. I put in premium and the RPM never went past 3-3.5K again on those same inclines on cruise control and average dropped to 6.3L/100KM. Gas was 1.89-1.91 per liter with premium only 9.5-11.5 cents more per litre. I was saving so much money putting premium into the rental (returned with a full tank of reg though :P). I put 1130KM on the rental only because our Cape Breton idea fell through.

I did PEI/Halifax one day. All in all it was probably around 7.5 hours worth of driving and around 3-4 hours of taking in the sights.

Based on the recommendations of Cape Breton being a trip not completed without a proper tour of Cabot Trail, I had considered trying to just do a short Isle Madame SE leg which should have been around 8-9 hours of driving for 3-4 hours of sights. But... we ran into a food poisoning scare because of Butterfish, so it was decided not to take on such a hefty drive.

https://rosieschwartz.com/2012/12/10...may-thank-you/

I hit Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, a bunch of coves, PEI ($50.50 in toll), Truro and a ton of sights in Halifax/Dartmouth.

Fun trip. But I don't know how I'd be able to justify going again over other interesting places.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: