View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #71
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Also, more simply to Sliver's post about happiness and money, our brains are wired to always be wanting and to be in a constant shifting state between happiness and unhappiness. And the best way to live is to embrace and endure times of struggle and unhappiness to feed the times of happiness because our happiness is dependent on unhappiness, and we actually experience more happiness with more sadness. So extreme wealth has no chance to change your brain to "always happy".

The discussion between desiring more or less money relative to other people is interesting, but ultimately money is basically the same as any drug or pleasure in our lives. It will be fulfilling for a bit and then your brain moves on and finds things to be happy and unhappy about again, regardless of how your money compares to others.

You win $10mil you start out in euphoria and within two months you're going "oh man, I looked up islands for fun and now I'm choked that if I had $5mil more I could get this one!! I wish there was some way I could do this??!!".

Last edited by jayswin; 09-09-2019 at 07:07 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: