Thread: [Rumour] Incoming Flames shake up
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #533
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That's fine if the goal is to be a middle of the road bubble team forever, but at some point they need to take it to the next level. I really thought this might be the year of a step change. Instead it is more of the same, which gets frustrating. Can you really blame fans for that?
Pittsburgh was 18-15-4 on January 1st 2016 - won Stanley Cup
Nashville was 16-14-6 on January 1st 2017 - lost in Finals

I agree the record is frustrating as it appears to be the same old Flames as usual. I think the difference is finally we are seeing prospects being promoted and the team is filling out nicely. This team is much deeper and younger then the last couple years. Results haven't been any better so far but potential for better results are there.

The Flames have lost 3-4 games this year when they had a chance to get to 5 games over .500. They also haven't slipped below a game over .500 in the last 20 games. Basically playing .500 hockey since the pretty good start to the season. But when the Flames were winning you had basically Gaudreau, Monahan, Giordano and Smith carrying the team and everyone else sucked. The last 20 games the rest of the team has stepped up dramatically but quietly Gaudreau, Monahan and Smith haven't been anywhere near what they were the first 15 or so. If the top line can heat up again I can see this team getting hot

Last edited by Macho0978; 01-04-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Typo
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Macho0978 For This Useful Post: