Thread: [Rumour] Incoming Flames shake up
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #528
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, IMO this is now a shakeup from Treliving. Not the “big one” yet, but inching closer to it.

IMO I think he sort of expected or even gave a wink to ARI to pick up Hamilton to aid in the log jam of young guys they want to give a chance to and remove a distraction.

I subscribe to the notion the F Hamilton was here sitting eating popcorn most nights the last couple seasons more for his brothers comfort the the teams’, so this solves that issue just like that for the organization too, and hopefully the remaining Hamilton steps up...and if he doesn’t then Treliving has a nice bargaining chip for a trade to Arizona or wherever else wants two Hamiltons.

Also, Jagr. My guess here too is that if he’s told he’s not 100% healthy, not to play. I don’t think he wants to just take up a spot himself either, but if he’s trying to play through something, Treliving may well have told him to get 100% before he gets on the ice. The “update tomorrow” does sound a bit ominous as well, as if the Flames have talked to Jagr about this/his role or he’s getting some tests to see how injured he is, or both, and are expecting a decision from him, or the results from the test back, today.

So I think Treliving is addressing some of those lingering issues where the team was being is bit more “nice” than they really should have been in these cases, and probably too in other situations behind closed doors that we don’t know about.(Lazar you’d think too, likely here on the reference from Cameron, who hasn’t turned out at all like a 12th or whatever it was, overall draft pick)

By putting his foot down, it gives less excuse for the rest of the players in the room that these situations may (or may not) have been festering, and give less excuse for the coaches too for (if this is an issue) being forced to treat some players differently then others day to day. And it sets up a clearer path and way of doing business for his potential next round of changes.

Last edited by browna; 01-04-2018 at 03:07 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post: