View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 11:51 PM   #4706
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I mean, all of what you said is true, and I think it's acknowledged the guy has his warts, but he basically singlehandedly won his team the game?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1523422495990181889
Offside pass.

He’s a big body who can run in a straight line, and with the ball, if it’s placed on his foot or into space. No skill or footwork. If that bullrush style is what Herdman will play in the WC, I’ll eat my hat.

I don't think he’s in Herdman’s good books anyways. He played in only 6 games in the final WC qualifying.

58 minutes were spread over 5 matches, including 28 vs Jamaica after the result was in the bag so he could play in his home town. (He’s a prototypical CSA player, Italian, from Toronto, likely how he got his chance coming up as a youth so many years ago.)

The other 60 minutes were against Panama the last game. He did less than zero. Didn’t create anything, didn’t run onto anything, didn’t attempt a shot, and of course got a yellow card. Playing him 60 minutes was charity by Herdman, no way he would’ve lasted that long in a game that meant something.

As soon as he was subbed, his replacement had a string of chances the next 5 minutes (Larea?).

MLS he started the first 4 games of the year, finishing none. Since the WC qualifiers he’s been a starter only once in 4 MLS games and been a sub seeing the field in 3 other games.

He has one MLS goal this season, and 4 cards in 8 matches. 4 goals and 11 yellow cards in his last 30 MLS matches this season and last, and often doesn’t see the field.

Remember, he’s a striker..4 goals and 2 assists in last 30 MLS matches? And he’s a viable option for a backup striker for the World Cup?

He’s also 29, and won’t be around in 4 years, so why not have a spot for on the MNT someone who will be around?
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post: