Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #1865
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I am going to look for a new driver this winter as my current one (TM R9 SuperTri) developed a small crack this year.
I'm probably the biggest gear head here so I'll do my best to answer you.

1) Yes it is possible to use your current shaft, but that driver/shaft is several development cycles old. Anything now is probably miles better than that. However, I'd keep it. Most adapters for current drivers are around $40. Once you have the adapter it takes 30 seconds to swap a shaft.

2) There are two custom shops in Calgary. Ted and Dave at the Golf Canada Centre on Glenmore and Simply Gold which is out of the NGA dome off McLeod. I've been to Simply Golf for a driver fitting. I wouldn't go back. Can't comment on T&D, never been. I have heard loads of good things about Modern Golf in Vancouver. If you are a Titleist guy (I am) Art who is the local rep is fantastic. Modern Golf driver fitting is probably $100 ish that is credited against a purchase (the price of which will probably make you faint).

3) A place like Modern Golf will have all shafts and all heads. Other places will only have what they carry. GolfTown only has manufacturer fitting carts and what is stored on them. Most manufacturers have 3 to 5 stock shaft options and ever exotic trick shaft you could possibly want at an upcharge, of course.

Generally, they will measure your current gamer and if they have a launch monitor take some data off a few shots for a baseline. They will compare that against the new stuff they have you hit.