View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartsOfFire View Post
I filed a dispute with Paypal after iTunes cards I ordered from eBay were never shipped, and in fact never existed.

Paypal investigated, warned me it could take up to 30 days... I had my money refunded in 48 hours, no questions asked.

So I have nothing but good things to say about Paypal
I absolutely hate Paypal, but it's almost a necessity to have an account as everyone accepts payments from them.

If you are selling always ship with tracking # and delivery confirmation. I was screwed out of $400 for a GPS unit that was bought from me from a guy in France on ebay. I didn't have delivery confirmation and the dispute was initiated well before the buyer would even get the product (2 or 3 days after purchasing). Paypal wouldn't do a damn thing for me. I looked at this guys history and found another guy he screwed over on the same GPS unit. Sent an email to Paypal with links emails between myself and the other guy that got screwed etc... and they said there was nothing they could do even though it was blatantly obvious this was fraud!

If you are buying always use a credit card as mentioned in a previous post. I've disputed before and Paypal rejected my claim as the item was received. It was a defective JL Audio amp. Seller wouldn't respond to my emails etc... So I called up the credit card company and disputed it and got my money back.

I've had to deal with some other shady vendors and threatened to dispute. They didn't give a rats a$$ as they know Paypal will protect them. Once I figured this out I told them I would be doing the charge back through my cc and not Paypal and their account would likely be suspended. They sang a different tune after that.

Bottom line whether selling or buying is to Cover Your A$$!!
IGGYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote