View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah I have a credit card backup because I thought it was convienient to use the direct pay from my bank account. I should have just left the credit card as my main form of payment.
Even this might be problematic.. I've heard of situations like this where the paypal dispute doesn't get the job done, so you do a reverse charge on your credit card.. and paypal then closes your account (heaven help you if you have $$ in the account).

Mind you I actually did this once, ordered something, didn't get what was actually advertised, paypal didn't do anything, so I reversed the charges on my CC and got my $$ back, nothing about it from PayPal. So it's not guaranteed, but I have heard of it happening.

So then it's a question of what's the paypal account worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
But if my credit card is my main form of payment why use paypal in the first place?
The only reason I'd use paypal is because the vendor doesn't accept credit cards directly, and then I'd only do it for purchases where I'm ok with losing the full amount of the purchase if things go badly. I'm FAR more confident in the protection from my CC company.
photon is offline   Reply With Quote