View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 07:04 PM   #45
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Who are you referring to? Reinprecht and McCammond were OK but they played zero PO games. Who else - Simon? Neimenen? Nilson? Decent players but not exactly skilled playmakers or scorers.

ETA: IMO those guys were all Sutter type players. BUT they were all younger. I think Sutter and Treliving got players that play that way but who at 36 can’t keep up as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Sorry what are you arguing here? Go back and look at the deadline moves and you can see the 3 forwards I referenced. You named them. 3 forwards that immediately elevated the forward group and had a huge impact on the teams success in the playoffs.

It’s unrealistic to expect three skilled playmakers or scorers coming in, but 200 foot players with some speed and jam would help every line beyond the first.
Nilson, Nieminen and Simon were the 4th, 6th and 7th leading forward scorers on that club and didn’t cost much to add.

But I’m not sure Treliving has traded for 3 top 9 forwards in his entire 8 year tenure so unrealistic to expect that all to change in next few weeks.
I’m arguing that if Treliving went out and got a Neimenen, Nilson and Simon that there’s be howls from the “we need skill” crowd. I’m not sure what stats you are looking at but those guys were nowhere near where you said they were on the team. 4, 6 and 7 were Gelinas, Lombardi and Saprykin in points, Gelinas, Saprykin and Clark in goals.

Within a couple years only Nilson was on the team. And he never made a dent afterward.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote