View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #1827
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

The current state of the processor market is frustrating. Any advice on what I should do?
I have a i5-3570k and either it or the mobo are on it's last legs, I mean... it's been 6-7 years? It desperately needs an update as it can't handle some editing software, streaming and other games.

I'd jump on the Ryzen 5000 series in a heartbeat, either a 5600x or 5800x as the price point and value for performance seems unbeatable. But.... there's the stock problem. I don't know how much longer I'd have to wait, and if I can wait that long.

What would you do in this case? As you can see, having a massive amount of cores hasn't really been a concern of mine as the 3570k single core has been enough till now. So something like a 3900x is probably overkill. Would you just go for a mid-line Intel which when compared to AMD then becomes a bit more close to value when on sale? Something like a i7-10700k? Or maybe go with AMD 3000 series and mobo to suit a future upgrade to a 5000 when it's back in stock. I actually use my current setup with a 2060 playing on VR, flightsim, etc, so the fact it's gotten me this far is surprising.

FYI, would have to buy mobo obviously, along with RAM and power supply. If AIO recommended, existing case will handle only a 240mm.

Last edited by BlackArcher101; 01-14-2021 at 02:48 PM.
BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote