View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #381
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Tesla does use CANBUS at least in some capacity. But that's not the point, Tesla controls ALL their software and builds their own modules including the processors that is why they can seamlessly roll out over the air updates.

Tesla is taking the same approach with batteries, do everything in house on a massive scale. No other auto maker is doing this, I'm going to assume most people are not aware of this or know and just like to troll and say Tesla has no battery advantage.

Bob Lutz said exactly the same things, Tesla has no battery advantage, no software advantage, no economies of scale advantage. Said that when Audi, VW, Mercedes, Jaguar came out with their EVs Tesla would be in serious trouble. None of the models ended up with the range, performance or tech of a Tesla and have been a sales flop. So now the argument shifts to, oh but they didn't feel like being competitive but when they do Tesla is finished.
No one is saying Tesla doesn't have an advantage with batteries. Of course they do.

What I am saying is that, in order to justify their stock price, they need to be able to grow from 200,000 cars a year to 20,000,000.

I don't think you understand the logistical headwinds of that.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote