View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #41
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Calling for bloggers to be licensed by the government? That is absolutely an infringement of free speech, and a very large one.

I write professionally, and no, I'm not going to tell you under what name, because I don't want to get CP mixed up with my work. My #1 tool for keeping in contact with my readers, selling new work, and getting feedback on my published stuff, is my blog. If any bureaucrat in Ottawa ever gets the power to tell me what I can and cannot write, under threat of revoking my licence, I will emigrate from this country so fast it will make your head spin, and never come back. And I can assure you I am far from alone in this.

There never has been before. There's a good reason why Gell-Mann amnesia effect is a recognized thing.
Ok let's reign it in here. All we've said so far is that 'there should be some kind of speed regulation on this road' and now we're talking about changing countries.

A regulation that holds bloggers accountable for ethically and honestly reporting news is something I would hope you don't fight too hard against
Ideally, you never hear from them. Neither would Susan here, FTR. She's clearly in the wrong IMO, but I would hope the foul isn't severe enough to require intervention. This is just an example of how 'anything goes' on a blog and there's no accountability.

No one suggested a hand-holding, 'run every article through the government' approach. Deerfoot Trail isn't 20km/h.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote