View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #277
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
All of the Flames prospects play in this tournament have to be discounted because the Flames dressed a far more experienced line-up. Even the pure rookies that the Flames played would look better than they might because they were playing with guys that already had a full pro year in.

The quality of the opposition matters. For instance if Jankowski is going to play in the NHL for any significant stretch this season it will his defensive abilities that win him ice time. Who was he responsible for shutting down in this tournament?

It is pretty obvious that your particular point of view is not validated by what I consider a significant difference in the approaches of the various organizations. I do not think that you have ever seen any of my contributions in a positive light.

Why does the quality of opposition matter but the Flames don't because they played a more experienced line up? Tre said that the Flames want to see what certain guys could do, "not blending in, but standing out". The "Flames" are looking at guys they might consider NHL ready not just prospects.

The Flames have an agenda and a vested interest filled with objectives and timelines. This might be similar, or completely different from other teams. Unfortunately for you what matters to the Flames organization might not matter to you because you don't have a vested interest in the team!? No vested interest = misguided opinion about the teams needs. Having said that, I am glad you consider our players better than what other teams had to offer.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post: