View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #1519
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

So what are everyone’s thoughts? I really like it myself.
Love it. I was nervous about what I would think given how long its been since they put anything out. But I feel like its how Tool should sound in 2019. Not exactly repeating themselves, but not a complete departure from what they were best at. As a huge fan of Lateralus and their more lengthy, hypnotic and multi-dimensional work, I'm thrilled with it. The song gets better with each listen and I can't wait for the album.

Its interesting, with the combination of time, lofty expectations of a rabid fanbase, and the way the internet is these days -- you just didn't know how this was going to work out for them. But I really think they knocked it out of the park. Most of the commentary I've seen online has been very positive and I don't think its just old Tool fans trying to convince themselves its good. Its legitimately very good.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post: