View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:36 AM   #1506
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Overrated has just turned into something that people say when they don't like a popular thing.
Maybe but I use it in the context of something that's good being praised as great or the best. If I didn't like Tool's music I would simply say that they aren't my cup of tea as there's plenty of music out there I don't like but it doesn't mean it's bad and that it's just something I personally don't care for. I like Tool as I like a lot of bands and I always have a rotation of bands I'm falling in and out of love with but to me the great bands do more than have a brief moment where they were really good. Slipknot for example is another band people either love or like but feel a little overrated and I would argue they have at least more meat in their discography than Tool.

I will still buy this new Tool album BTW and I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised as when a band is on hiatus as long as they have been you never really know what you are going to get when they finally release something new.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-01-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: