View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:
Default Portable printing options with hotspot

Not really sure where else to ask...

I run a Motorcross race circuit and with covid we are changing up a lot of how we operate. We used to bring stacks of papers to the track and people filled all out there. Now it’s all online, however when registration ends I need to print it all out.

So now I need a smallish printer. I was thinking a small laser printer would do it, but the wifi ones have now intrigued me a bit. Not having to plug in would be nice as this printer is going to live in our Motorhome, and if it gets left on the kitchen table my wife’s going to hate it. I thought of using an old airport express to make a small network to my PC laptop to print, but the computer is going to need internet access and that would be a pain in the butt switching all the time.

Next option is my phones hotspot. If I hotspot the laptop and hook it to the printer, would that work for printing? Does anyone have experience with this? Does the printer automatically find my hotspot when I turn it on? If I have to fiddle with the printer everytime to get it to connect I may as well just plug in. Any printer recommmendations? Looking at a Lexmark C3224DW just because it’s small and can do color too.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote