View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 09:33 PM   #35
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Well, they're going to have to waive him at the start of next season if they aren't willing to give him a legitimate NHL opportunity over a bigger sample than 2–3 preseason games. I can see how Phillips might've cleared last year after his AHL production dipped on a depleted team in a shortened season, but he's the highest-scoring 23-and-under player in the minors by a decent margin this year.

I'd love to hear appropriate justification for why the Flames would elect to give up on their most productive Stockton Heat prospect ever without first rewarding him with an opportunity, even in a bottom-six role. Sure seems to me like that would be a no-win scenario.

I would also say scoring 58 points in 51 AHL games is the equivalent of breaking the door down during the season, especially for an audition after the NHL club clinches home ice. Is that going to happen? It should (and probably won't).

Last edited by TheScorpion; 03-28-2022 at 09:36 PM.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: