View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #14
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still salty there were two straight Winter Olympics near my time zone and we didn't get best on best hockey at either of them.

These Beijing Olympics were okay. Was a bit strange with the small crowds and it lacked some excitement coming right after the Summer Games, but it was neat how they reused the summer infrastructure, like turning the pool into a curling rink, and I liked seeing the different mountainous landscape of the Northern China.

The best events are the races in short track and ski/snowboard cross. More of that please. I also really enjoyed the curling with the world catching up to Canada and some really high quality play all around. I caught a lot of the figure skating too. There were some great performances but it was overshadowed by the controversy.

Favourite moments were Australia beating Canada at curling, the Canadian speed skating gold when the other team fell down, and that big snowstorm. Also nice to see Finland win their first hockey gold even though that tournament was a big let down.