View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #80
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Brendan Dassey, yes release him immediately.

Steven Avery no. But give him a new trial.

From what I've seen, Dassey's lawyers dropped the ball in a major way and didn't properly pursue a single defence that would actually help Dassey. The only real evidence the state has against Dassey is the statement made by Kayla Avery. Even then, she didn't state that Dassey had participated in anything, only that he had seen her pinned up and the corpse in the fire. It's not illegal to witness someone committing a crime.
Yeah, I'd like to agree with that because watching Dassey's interrogation and cross-examination there is no way that kid should be in jail.

However, if you release Dassey then you have to admit that his coerced confession prompted the press conference that clouded the judgement of the jurors that convicted Avery and you pretty much have to let him go too.

I am not 100% sure that Avery didnt do it, theres a lot of coincidences here but what I can say is that there sure as hell, based on the documentary and the evidence they showed, there wouldnt be enough evidence for me to convict him either.

Honestly I feel that the inclusion of Dassey's original confession is what tipped the scales against Avery.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote