View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #45
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I don't think a penalty should even be an option. You stay at it all day. If you can't complete it, you go home. If you give up, the host comes and makes fun of you (similar to MTV's "The Challenge"). It's The Amazing Race, you take a penalty on the first challenge? Get real. There are thousands of other people who would be thrilled to be in your position and not be such a lame quitter.

Was really hoping they were going to go home after that.
I'd be fine with them doing away with it, although I think they need to keep it just to make sure things move along. If one team can't get a task, they can be eliminated, but what if several can't? You either end up like the first season where one (or more) team is so far behind that it is a logistical nightmare for filming or everything gets backed up so that you are way behind schedule for the race overall.

However, if they are going to allow teams to skip a task and incur a two hour penalty, then I don't think there's anything wrong with a team making that decision. They are playing within the rules. What I do think though is that the penalty should be severe enough that it's not an "easy" decision. I'd rather it be more of a hail mary type thing rather than something people do on a regular basis. A past season, several teams were taking penalties quite often and that frustrated me, because I wanted to watch the tasks.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote