View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #21
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Please explain. For one thing we don't know with 100% certainty that he's actually dead. Second of all why do you feel the time was wasted because he lost the battle to the Boltons? Why should it be written in stone that he win that battle and what here left you cheated? IMO the story wraps up nicely as his story was always about a man so hell bent and determined to gain the throne that he would not take no for an answer. He gambled on black magic, ignored the weather, other obstacles, was willing to lose everything and he did. Again I simply don't understand the expectations here by some.
The expectation is that the stories we follow matter. Not that they get snuffed out in some side story. You may be happy with it, I'm not, I find it a waste of time to have a 5 year arc to basically get rendered irrelevant offscreen. Honestly, it would have been way better if they would have just wiped him out at Blackwater. THAT would have made sense and mattered. Instead they just drag it out for several more seasons and then it just kind of fizzles. When the first question in my head after that is "well what was the point of that then?" ... that's not ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
If Daenerys is killed later in her quest for the throne, will all that time have been wasted also? If we only followed the narrative of the one who wins in the end, it wouldn't be much of a story.
If Dany and her army just ended up fighting some army on Essos and she ended up losing and dying? Absolutely yes, that would render her entire storyline pointless.

Last edited by nik-; 06-15-2015 at 09:49 AM.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: