View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #371
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
It is going to be tough to keep getting back to the big game with Mahomes making a ton now. They have a solid team but the cap issues will be coming. I agree with SylvanFan, they came across as a team that felt like this was going to be just another easy game on their way to 6 or 7 trophys with Mahomes. I wouldnt rule it out that Mahomes becomes a multiple SB winner but it also wouldnt surprise me if he never wins another and that isnt a knock on him.
They will always have a chance with Mahomes but I remember when Rogers won his Super Bowl and who would have imagined then that he wouldn't get another chance to play in another? Nothing is guaranteed but Kelce probably has 2-3 years left of 1000 yard production and Hill is only 26 so they will have a chance every season for at least the next three years. The reality is that this team is the most talented offensively that Mahomes will ever have so if they don't make it back to the Super Bowl in the next six seasons (as Sylvanfan said) Mahomes may never make it back as I don't see Reid as a guy that's going to be able to coach into his late 60's and who knows what happens when he leaves as poor NFL coaching can squander elite talent. It's why I can see Mahomes never achieving greatest of all time status as a lot can happen over the course of a career and his early success isn't a guarantee as he's in a situation today that's never going to be better than it is now and it's probably going to get worse over the years not better as he won't have Reid or Kelce for his entire career.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 02-08-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: