View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #281
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
We're with Direct Energy and for the last 9 years I've just been letting it auto-renew annually on their 1 Year Flex One Plan - monthly price is based on the market price of natural gas and electricity (we have both through them). The renewal date, which I missed, was October 20 and I'm worried about an impending spike in our bills over the coming months. The 3 and 5 year fixed rates offered were $3.89/GJ for NG and $7.29/kWH for electricity.

Am I buggered? Are they likely to be lenient if I call and ask to get on one of their fixed rate plans still? This stuff is so over my head I've honestly just avoided it for years!

Well you've started reading stuff here so probably are well equipped for a few questions. No harm in phoning up and saying to the CSR "please help me understand....." and/or ask open ended questions along the lines of "what are my options for a fixed rate plan now" and/or "I've been in touch with Enmax and am curious about XZY....". Remember you don't want to start confrontational, and be friendly if anything, and you'd be surprised how far you can get with CSR just by being pleasant. Hence the expression "you get more with honey..."
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote