View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #11
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I'm going to sound insensitive, but it's been over a decade since it became public that the tenants would have to vacate the property.

They don't own the land, they are renters and they've had 10 years to plan their move. It's a mobile home park, if you're making your homes immobile on land you don't own, that you have no contract for, and you can't figure something out in a decade? I feel about as much compassion for these people as anyone in a ####ty situation, but this isn't the city's fault or Nenshi's, it's theirs.

The East Hills Estates cancellation was probably a mistake, but that doesn't seem to the biggest issue with most people still there.
I definitely get that line of thinking and for that reason I would never buy anything on native land, on rented land or even deeded parcels. It's unwise at best. However if you look at almost all of the articles on this issue the number one theme is without any question and beyond any shadow of anyone's doubt is that the city with look after these people. Nenshi et al are very clear in stating many times that the city will make sure these people have a place to go. Several homes were bought and sold in the last decade in that park based on this sort of promise from the city. That's the unfair part. Even in 2011 Nenshi was stating the owners will have a place to go...I guess he should have clarified that he meant the drop in center.

OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote