View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #20
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't hesitate in bringing Jagr in once Bennett's contract is done.

You bring in a leader, you bring in a high-end skill-set that other players can learn from, you bring in a guy who is still one of the best at puck-possession and puck protection, and you bring in a guy that can probably still put up 50pts.

Even ignoring the possibility of bringing in a legend, and even disregarding my total fanboy crush on him that has lasted about 20 years, I think bringing him in makes the Flames a better and deeper team.

Jankowski, Foo, Poirier and the rest will still get their shots. Flames were a very healthy team last year, but that isn't always the case. There are bound to be injuries, and those kids will all get their opportunities this year to play some NHL games and show their worth.

The only thing that stops me from thinking this is a no-brainer is the dollars. Bringing him in also gets the kids to experience what a legend really is like, how hard he works at his craft, and they get to witness some amazing milestones that they probably won't see again in their playing careers. I think it is worth it - as long as the dollar figure isn't too high. 2 million + 2-2.5 million in bonuses sounds good. If he reaches those bonuses, then it was the right move bringing him in. Who knows what kind of a contract he is chasing, but he has a great opportunity in Calgary.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote