Thread: [News] Lack Eager To Get Started
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #20
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
In fact, when was the last time you ever heard of a recently acquired goalie going out of his way and giving a shout-out to the goalie coach? I never have personally anyways.
It may be a bit more personal for Lack. When he went to Carolina the goalie coach there completely changed Lack's game from being a deep in the crease position guy to playing a more aggressive style that relied on strong skating and really learning new angles that were completely different to how he's ever played. Lack isn't a strong skating goaltender and his numbers simply tanked as he was not capable of playing that style. When he started to go back to how he played under Melanson (ignoring Canes coaching) his numbers began to rebound. Then he ran into injury issues.

Quote:
“It’s different,” Lack said. “Rollie [his goaltending coach in Vancouver] was 100 percent about you live and die in the paint. Here they want me to challenge more. I’m not going to lie, it’s been an adjustment. At times, it’s been really hard. Sometimes I catch myself in games looking down to see where I am in the crease because I have no idea where I am."
https://cardiaccane.com/2017/03/14/c...e-their-fault/

If Sigalet takes the approach to use the goaltenders strength and modify the tenders game appropriate to that skill set you have a good chance of seeing a very strong backup in Lack.

Last edited by ernie; 08-10-2017 at 07:33 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post: