View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #18
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stajan really seems like a good dude and likeable person. He is often referred to by his younger teammates as a role model or someone they look up to. Versteeg mentioned he didn't know him before last season and now Stajan is one of his best friends.

To me that is the only thing that makes sense why we have had this overpaid 4th liner on the team for EIGHT seasons. I was disappointed Burke re-signed him 3 years ago and that has proven again to be an overpaid contract. Last year with Bouma and Brouwer they made up the most expensive 4th line in hockey.

It hasn't impacted the Flames that much thanks to having rookie scale contracts in the top 6 over the past 4 years and the fact Backlund is paid to be a 3rd line centre and is in fact an elite #2 borderline #1.

Stajan did score perhaps the most important goal I have ever witnessed live when he put the Flames ahead for the first time in the game and for good against the Canucks in game 6 2015.

As for this season which may be his last in the league I see Stajan being the 4th line C or LW and I also see him the most likely victim to the press box if Jankowski forces his way on the team.
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote