View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #19
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Here are the various comments I made on Kylington during last year's AHL season when I watched. And keep in mind he was a nineteen year old in a league where the rookies are usually twenty or even twenty-one.

Did Kylington have some mistakes? Sure. There was one in game 5 VS the Barricuda with a 1 goal lead where he should have chipped the puck out of the D-zone but elected to carry the puck and it backfired, that he is probably re-playing in his head every night as he waits for next season to end.

Know what though?

Johnny Gaudreau had a similar mistake against the Ducks in the 2015 playoffs. Kids make mistakes. Gaudreau was a 21 year old that year, Kylington was 19 when he made this turnover (and others.)

Overall, I personally believe based on what I have watched of Kylington, the good does truly outweigh the bad, and the bad will only get reduced as he continues to grow. If he were playing in Junior last year I think we would be talking about all his strengths foremost instead of putting him through the kind of harsh scrutiny reserved for 23, 24, 25 year olds. And by age, he should have been playing in Junior last year.
Exactly. If he were in junior, he would have been dominant, and everyone would be praising him the way they praise Fox.

If Fox were in the AHL last year, older forwards would have buried him.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: