View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #341
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
they even edited it to make it look worse (not saying it wasn't incredibly stupid)
Curious how you think they edited to look worse? Tribal councils last over an hour IRL. I'm sure they left plenty of juicy outrage on the cutting room floor.

In no way defending Varner, but I do feel for him with respect to the process for this all playing out. Imagine doing the worst thing of your life...on national television - but, that's not the unique part - plenty of people have done that, suffered through their mistake, and been able to more/less move on. But, imagine knowing how badly you effed up, but that only ~20 people know about it so far, and that 3-4 months down the road it's going to come out to EVERYBODY. Talk about a doomsday countdown clock hanging over a guy's head!

I sense he is actually probably a good person at heart, so those months were probably as painful as could be (compared to for an emotionless sociopath). His suffering is probably just considering that's about as bad of a non-physical thing you could do to another human, but it's just gotta suck overall.

Obviously, Zeke would have had the same countdown clock playing over him, too. What an incredible person.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote