View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #256
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That's not what I said at all, maybe my statement was poorly worded, but I didn't go into the hardcore political lines in this country.

Every election is really a fight over something like 10% to 15% of the undecided voters who might not even bother to vote.

I mean that its up to voters to do their own due diligence if they want to to get past the static of ideological campaigning.
I agree, there is about 10-15% of voters that will swing things in one direction or another. The rest are already hunkered down for the long sleep until election day.

In my opinion the Liberals are really going to have a strong showing, simply because of issues facing the other parties. The NDP is collapsing under Jagmeet, and any on-the-fence supporters will surely swing to the Liberals. I believe I saw on TV the other day Jagmeet saying that the Liberals are stealing their ideas, but that's OK as long as they're done properly. Trudeau also got a boost in approval rating with his relatively tough and very public negotiation strategy with Trump on NAFTA. Standing up to POTUS is probably going to work more in his favor, especially if he comes out with a strong deal for dairy farmers.

On the other side,Unfortunately for the Conservatives, the Maxime Bernier People's Party may end up getting 10-15% of the popular vote, cutting into their numbers. Also, Andrew Scheer doesn't exactly resonate with charisma. They have an uphill battle.

The BQ is the BQ and the Greens are the Greens, staying in stasis.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote