View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #1242
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
So I read an interesting conspiracy theory the other day. Not sure if anyone here can validate it or discount it. It went like this. Paul Martin owned a shipping company CSL (Canada Steamship Lines), when he became PM he sold his interest to his sons. That shipping line current ships a large amount of the foreign oil to the Irving refinery.

If Energy East gets built that would displace the foreign oil, and hurt Martin's sons financially (and really Martin as well). The MTL mayor playing the environmental card was appointed to a Federal Cabinet position in the Martin government. Could this be a friend helping a friend by standing in the way of a national project?

I thought it was interesting to read, because if true shows black and white how fata'd this country has become when a national interest is being stopped for one small groups benefit.
I think that there were lots of questions around why CSL was awarded $161 million in contracts while Martin was either in government or in opposition.

As well he took a bath on the whole flagging of the company so they didn't pay a lot of Canadian taxes.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote