View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #539
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
I am sure that everyone who is advocating for no alerts from 11pm to 6am or something is not working very hard to imagine themselves in a situation where it is their child that is missing.
Appeal to emotion is never a useful argument.

Quote:
I am sure they would say you know what, tomorrow is Sunday, let’s not send out an alert until 9am as I don’t want to disturb anyone over something trivial like my missing child.
Still appeal to emotion. Also, nobody said not to send alerts. But not to use the emergency alarm chime during that time. People who are awake are still likely to see the message notification light on their phones and check.

Everyone else will see it when they wake up. And, notably, information such as vehicle make and licence plate will be fresher in their minds right as they leave for their commute, as opposed to completely forgotten if they were woken up at 2AM for a message they would just delete without reading.

Quote:
If you need to keep your phone at your bedside because you are on call from work, do you yell at your coworkers when you are called at an odd hour. If you need your phone beside your bed for an alarm clock, then just buy a clock as they are less than $20.
On the former, yes. If the call is frivolous and/or there is nothing I can do to help at that time, absolutely I'll yell at the person needlessly waking me up.

On the latter, a complete irrelevancy.

Quote:
As for idiots that call 911 over a late pizza delivery- I mean how can you help those people. Personally, i’d Recommend some type of shaming at their workplace or a public square.....
Literally nobody has brought up pizza delivery in this thread, so this is a total non sequitur.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote