View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #80
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Hey c.t.ner ... What's the situation for new movies in the states? How long do you generally have to wait?

I think for $8/month this is a great deal. Within 3 minutes I could see about 10 movies I'd like to watch. I understand some are disappointed but this is a massive step forward. Even look at what iTunes was last year and you can see Canada has come a very far distance. It will take some patience, but netflix will get much better.

To me the biggest disappointment is the lack of a queue. That's a pretty important step.
Wo. Wo.. You don't have an instant queue in the Canadian version? That's pretty weak.

In regards to movies being added to the view straight away, they take a few months - up to a year - after they've been released. I may have mentioned this earlier, but we just got Iron Man and GIJoe added to our instant queue. For the longest time the Proposal was the only big movie on the "Instant option". For TV shows it's even shorter. We've been able to watch all the seasons of Bones, Veronica Mars, 24, The Wire, etc.

For 8 dollars a month down here, we get all of the streaming - including Wii, PS3 and Xbox streaming. But we also get a DVD sent in the mail. Which usually comes to us every 48 hours.

Anyways, I don't know how long it will take Netflix Canada to catch-up. I hope it is sooner rather than later, because right now I have a bad taste in my mouth from the Netflix launch.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote