View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #269
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Clearly not ...

But the Lightning and Flames are certainly not the first or second team to have a good window going with a misstep season.

I was never comparing the rosters, I was comparing the season to season results, which are / were quite similar.
They aren't similar at all. The lightning had gone to the freakin' conference final the year before and the freakin' cup final the year before that and then their best player got hurt the following year and played just 17 games and the lightning still put up a 94 point season with a plethora of AMAZING young players coming into the lineup. The lightning had a .588 w pct at the time Stamkos got hurt and finished a single point out of a playoff spot even though they had 2 more wins than the last wildcard team.

The Flames have a basically full and healthy roster doing nothing at all on pace for about 75 points with basically zero young stars on the horizon at all.

Do the Flames have a 40 point in 60 game Brayden Point in the lineup right now? Are they missing 40 goals from their lineup because their first line C is injured? Do they have a Jonathan Drouin level prospect that they can just trade away because of how asset rich they are?

The two teams aren't even remotely close. If you can't see that, I don't know what else to tell you.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote