View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 02:47 AM   #23
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

1. Marital Status: Married, half a decade.

2. Kids: son, just slightly less than two years old.

3. Sports: Floor hockey. Occasionally running and misc physical activities like hiking, skating, yoga etc.

4. Other Clubs: My wife and I are social butterflies. We host larger social events (10+ participants) at our home every quarter and smaller impromptu social gatherings at my place once or twice every 3-4 weeks. We also go to friend's places regularly and it's often very rare that we won't see friends two weeks in a row. I also am in year 3 of a 3 year tax course that I am taking to supplement my accounting designation which often eats up my time.

5. How much you game: Inconsistent feast of famine approach due to a combination of extremely busy circumstances and not always running into games that really excite me (where I'll find other hobbies to participate in for a few months before returning to gaming. I also often game when the family is in bed (combination night owl and infrequent insomnia) at the dead of night, even on week days while still maintaining anywhere between 5-7 hours of sleep a day.

6. How many different games you play in a year. Depending on the definition of "play", I'll probably tinker with around 1-2 games a month that are abandoned after 1-3 hours of actual game play (ie: cheap games and PSN). I'll also probably get past the 75% completion point 5-6 times a year. I usually tinker with around 5-6 games a month (not always games I've never played) and I'll pick up certain games, cycle through a few games and circle back to games I put down every few months. Unique games per year, probably like 20 ish? It's at times hard to muster up energy with a little guy at times, so if a nap hasn't trumped everything, I find myself just vegging and streaming movies instead of gaming.

I have also gotten tired of the older stuff I used to play and now have settled as a lone wolf type gamer. I don't pour tons of time into games with little end goal and lots of grinding/repetition (MMO, online shooters, RTS etc.) and I don't often enjoy online gaming communities. So I play a ton of single player stuff instead.

7. What platform(s) do you use? 95% PS4 and mobile. More than half is PS4 and a bunch of mobile is just boredom games when I'm out in the world and my fingers get itchy or something. I also have a over 20 classic PSX/PS2 games on the PS3 that I got on a damn good deal two years ago that I paid something like $150 all in, but I haven't had time to play them at all. Hopefully after my course is over, I'll have a chance.

Occasionally, I'll tinker on the Switch, XB1 and PC. I sometimes wonder if I should have sold them, but I got such damn good deals on each platform, it'd be hard to re-acquire these consoles for what I paid even 6 months down the road, if I wanted to tinker with an occasional exclusive. I often just lend the idle consoles to my brother or friends and they in return will occasionally add to the games library.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote